Would you or your little ones like to bring a little storytelling magic to GATHERINGS WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS?
Would you like to learn more about your IRISH HERITAGE through the ancient Irish art of Storytelling and Folklore?
Would you like to give a friend or loved one the GIFT OF STORYTELLING?
Irish Storyteller Helena Byrne now offers Online Storytelling Lessons to adults and children (age 6+). Through these lessons, Helena will guide you through the A to Z of storytelling and help you to bring out your true ‘seanchaí’ (storyteller) talents.
What These Lessons Offer:
- FINDING YOUR STORY: Helena assists you in selecting the story you wish to tell, that may be from personal experience or folklore.
- DEVELOPMENT: Helena helps you to develop your story, including it’s structure, use of language and distinguishing the protagonist.
- PERFORMANCE: Helena helps you to find your performance and delivery style, and improve your confidence as a public speaker.
- FLEXIBILITY: Wherever you are in the world, Helena can arrange a time of day for your lesson that is convenient for you.
- CUSTOMIZED ONE-TO-ONE EXPERIENCE: Helena offers these lessons to people with various interests. Should you have a specific interest in Irish folklore and heritage or another aspect of storytelling, she is happy to tailor lesson plans to create a bespoke learning experience.
- PAY AS YOU LEARN: Lesson packages are flexible, with options of 30 minute to 60 minute lessons and no limitations on the amount of lessons you can purchase.
- “I’ve never told stories before. Are these lessons suitable for beginners?” – Yes. Helena will work with you to develop your basic storytelling skills and will find the pace to suit you.
- “How many lessons do I need to take?” – This varies from storyteller to storyteller. Helena can advise you on this when discussing the amount of stories you would like to develop for your repertoire and the pace you would like to work.
- “What age are these lessons suitable for?” – Helena teaches storytelling to young and old. It is recommended children are aged 6+.
- “What equipment do I need for these lessons?” – All you need is a good internet connection, access to a web camera and an appetite for great stories.
- “I don’t live in Ireland. Can I take these lessons?” – Yes. Helena will liaise with you to arrange a time of day that is convenient for you wherever you are in the world.
- “I’d like to learn more about my Irish Heritage. Can these lessons help?” – Yes. For those with an interest in Irish heritage and folklore, Helena will guide you through the world of Irish folklore and storytelling, giving you an insight into Irish life in times past and the importance of storytelling within the Irish landscape.
- “My friend/loved one would love take storytelling lessons. Can I purchase a Gift Certificate?” – Yes. Below you will find payment options for lessons, including gift certificates. Helena will email you a personalized Gift Certificate for you to share.
- “I have purchased a storytelling lesson. What happens next?” – Wonderful. Helena will be in touch with you via email shortly to arrange a date and time for your first online lesson.
If you have any further questions you can contact Helena at Helena@HelenaByrne.com
Purchase Your Online Storytelling Lesson Here:
Purchase an Online Storytelling Lesson Gift Certificate Here:
Akin to the traditional travelling seanchaí of times past, Helena is a Resident Storyteller for Irish Folk Tours’ show ‘An Evening of Food, Folklore & Fairies’. She has performed for companies such as Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Libraries, Dalkey Castle & Heritage Centre, the National Leprechaun Museum and the Yarn Storytelling Festival in County Wicklow. Helena also produces her own storytelling events and is renowned for bringing her spellbinding stories and songs to diverse audiences throughout Ireland. In November 2015 Helena released her album ‘Scéal – a Collection of Irish Stories, Music & Poetry’; a collection of her favourite Irish stories and poems, gathered from various sources, including her own family and neighbours.
“Not only was I entertained but I learned a lot as well. Helena Byrne, a charming, young Irish woman, looking every bit the fairy herself, all petite and delicate, lured us into a world of fairies and pookas and an Ireland of long ago, with her marvelously narrated stories and song. Oh her singing voice – I would have listened to her all night…” – Patricia O, London, UK (TripAdvisor 15/09/2015)