Renowned Irish Storyteller Helena Byrne offers Online Storytelling Lessons to aspiring storytellers worldwide, as well as Storytelling Workshops to groups large & small.
Through these lessons, Helena will guide you through the A to Z of storytelling and help you to bring out your true ‘seanchaí’ (storyteller) talents.
Is your CHILD a BUDDING STORYTELLER?
Would you like to give a friend or loved one the GIFT OF STORYTELLING?
Would you like to learn more about your IRISH HERITAGE through the ancient Irish art of Storytelling and Folklore?
Do you work with children and want to improve your STORYTELLING SKILLS?
Would you like to bring a little storytelling magic to GATHERINGS WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS?
What These Lessons Offer:
- FINDING YOUR STORY: Helena assists you in selecting the story you wish to tell, that may be from personal experience or folklore.
- DEVELOPMENT: Helena helps you to develop your story, including it’s structure, use of language and distinguishing the protagonist.
- PERFORMANCE: Helena helps you to find your performance and delivery style, and improve your confidence as a public speaker.
- FLEXIBILITY: Wherever you are in the world, Helena can arrange a time of day for your lesson that is convenient for you.
- CUSTOMIZED ONE-TO-ONE EXPERIENCE: Helena offers these lessons to people with various interests. Should you have a specific interest in Irish folklore and heritage or another aspect of storytelling, she is happy to tailor lesson plans to create a bespoke learning experience.
- PAY AS YOU LEARN: Lesson packages are flexible, with options of 30 minute to 60 minute lessons and no limitations on the amount of lessons you can purchase.
- “I’ve never told stories before. Are these lessons suitable for beginners?” – Yes. Helena will work with you to develop your basic storytelling skills and will find the pace to suit you.
- “How many lessons do I need to take?” – This varies from storyteller to storyteller. Helena can advise you on this when discussing the amount of stories you would like to develop for your repertoire and the pace you would like to work.
- “What equipment do I need for these lessons?” – All you need is a good internet connection, access to a web camera and an appetite for great stories.
- “I don’t live in Ireland. Can I take these lessons?” – Yes. Helena will liaise with you to arrange a time of day that is convenient for you wherever you are in the world.
- “I’d like to learn more about my Irish Heritage. Can these lessons help?” – Yes. For those with an interest in Irish heritage and folklore, Helena will guide you through the world of Irish folklore and storytelling, giving you an insight into Irish life in times past and the importance of storytelling within the Irish landscape.
- “My friend/loved one would love take storytelling lessons. Can I purchase a Gift Certificate?” – Yes. Below you will find payment options for lessons, including gift certificates. Helena will email you a personalized Gift Certificate for you to share.
- “I have purchased a storytelling lesson. What happens next?” – Wonderful. Helena will be in touch with you via email shortly to arrange a date and time for your first online lesson.
Have a question or looking to book Helena for a Storytelling Workshop?
Contact Helena at Helena@HelenaByrne.com
Purchase Your Online Storytelling Lesson Here:
Purchase an Online Storytelling Lesson Gift Certificate Here:
Combining her love of Irish folklore & heritage, and her passion for Irish music, Helena regularly performs as a traditional seanchaí (storyteller) and folk singer across Ireland, the USA and further afield.
Akin to the traditional travelling seanchaí of times past, Helena is renowned for bringing her spellbinding stories and songs to diverse audiences in settings large and small.
From young to old, Helena’s storytelling interweaves Irish history & culture, tales of the Other World & the mysterious Fairy Folk, with traditional Irish songs and wonderful insights into the Irish life of days gone by.
“She is a gifted storyteller, performer & singer, bringing to life Irish folklore & culture interwoven with Traditional Irish songs. The audiences at the embassy, young & old alike, were very impressed with Ms. Byrne’s performances & storytelling.” – Daniel Mulhall, Ambassador of Ireland to the USA, December 2017
Helena’s ‘Irish Storytelling & Folk Song Experiences’ has been voted in the
Top 10 Family-Friendly Activities Not To Miss in Ireland by Travelocity.
To find out more about Helena’s Storytelling CLICK HERE